SurveyMonkey is looking for an experienced Marketing Operations leader to own and scale the function. The ideal candidate is an expert in Marketo and Salesforce, leads with a growth mindset, and is an excellent collaborator. This is a unique opportunity to embark on new territory as we grow our B2B business. From leveraging our self-serve database to attract the next generation of enterprise customers, to international expansion, this role will be critical in shaping the next phase of our fast growing organization.
As our head of Marketing Operations, you will evolve our MarTech strategy, own and develop data and analytics program, and develop, optimize and implement our marketing and sales processes. You will understand the business goals and objectives and create a technology roadmap to meet both the short and long-term goals of the organization. You will partner closely with your peers in Sales Operations and Demand Generation to create transparency around reporting, and derive insights and analytics that drive decisions in the business. You will lead your team to execute with speed and accuracy.
- Manage and mentor the Marketing Operations team.
- Work cross-functionally with teams like Sales, Marketing, Business Systems and Engineering to own, improve and implement business processes.
- Fully own our instance of Marketo including maintaining database health, data acquisition, cleanliness & completeness; executing campaigns through Marketo to drive forward the Demand Generation business objectives; owning segmentation and targeting rules.
- Leverage our own data and insights to accelerate demand generation.
- Develop and maintain reports and dashboards to provide detailed tracking of marketing programs across various channels as well as measure, monitor, and optimize the funnel from inquiry to MQL to closed opportunity; proactively communicate insights and results out to key stakeholders in the organization.
- Collaborate extensively with the business development and demand generation teams on campaign strategy, creative, targeting, optimization, execution and reporting.
- Partner with Sales Operations on lead management process, development and execution of lead nurturing, scoring and routing.
- Lead the charge on new technology evaluations and implementations; partner with key stakeholders in Sales Operations, Sales, and Marketing to develop a MarTech roadmap, gain buy-in and communicate out requirements to support the business.
- Recommend improvements to existing systems and processes to support the marketing team by identifying new ways to build, score and nurture the sales pipeline and support the growth of the business.
- Support the team and identify needed infrastructure for international expansion.
Skills & Experience:
- 8-10 years of experience in a quickly growing, high-frequency marketing group.
- 2-3 years leading a high-performing team.
- Hands-on experience and expert- level of proficiency with Marketo, and Salesforce, as well as associated integrations required.
- Marketo Certification a plus.
- Solid understanding of B2B demand gen programs, lead lifecycles and direct marketing principles and strategy.
- Previous deployment and optimization of lead scoring, drip campaigns and nurturing programs required.
- Successful track record of creating, executing, and measuring campaigns within Marketo, including database management, segmentation, setup, testing, launching and scoring of campaigns and programs, and reporting on campaign analytics.
- Demonstrated proficiency in creating webinar registration pages, forms, and triggered emails in Marketo, as well as integrating with a webinar application like On24 or equivalent.
- International experience a plus.
- Strong quantitative analysis skills. Ability to take complex information, analyze, and present in an easily understood manner.
- Proven experience in A/B and multivariate test design, execution and analysis as well as personalization strategies.
- Experience working with HTML and troubleshooting HTML errors.
- Experience working with tag management systems such as Google Tag Manager a plus.
- Experience with Google analytics a plus.
- Ability to manage multiple projects with various and often shifting deadlines simultaneously.
- Ability to work efficiently and meet deadlines in a cross-functional, team-based, fast-paced environment.
Core Competencies/Soft Skills:
- Proactive, self-motivated team player and leader who enjoys working in cross-functional teams. Able to develop productive working relationships across marketing, sales and business systems teams.
- Superior attention to detail, exceptionally organized, and strong follow through capabilities.
- Flexible and able to handle last-minute curve balls with grace.
- Creative problem solver, capable of removing obstacles and moving projects to completion.
- Technically savvy, resourceful and takes the initiative to resolve technical problems by a combination of research, consulting with experts and working with system vendors.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Is customer centric and exudes a “can-do” attitude toward external and internal audiences.
- Superior time management and prioritization skills.
- Metrics driven and results oriented with demonstrated analytical skills.
At SurveyMonkey, we offer competitive salaries, medical/dental benefits, PTO, 401k, paid holidays and parental leave, and equity compensation.
SurveyMonkey is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.