Founded in 1999, SurveyMonkey changed the way people gather feedback by making it easy for anyone to create their own online surveys. Today, SurveyMonkey’s mission is to power curious individuals and organizations to measure, benchmark and act on the opinions that drive success. Our People Powered Data platform enables conversations at scale to deliver impactful customer, employee and market insights. The company’s 700+ employees are dedicated to fueling the curiosity of over 16 million active users globally. For more information about SurveyMonkey, please visit surveymonkey.com.
We’re looking for a Visual Designer to help define and evolve our design system, working closely with Brand and Product Design to develop our visual language. In this newly defined role, you will create thoughtfully crafted, consistent and innovative visual experiences for our customers that can be leveraged systematically across our portfolio of products. As a functional specialist on the Product Design team, you will play a key connector role between our Design System Team, embedded Product Designers, and the Brand Experience team.
If you are an excellent visual designer who loves systems-thinking and crafting product experiences then come join our amazing team and help us make design a competitive advantage for SurveyMonkey.
Our ideal candidate will...
- Have a passion for creating visual languages that communicate the essence of the brand across a product ecosystem and hands-on experience executing visual design across complex web and mobile interfaces.
- Have strong skills in systems design – able to partner with Product Designers to understand local needs in order to create global solutions.
- Have experience working on cross-functional teams with Product Management and Engineering as well as partnering with Brand teams to connect Product and Marketing experiences.
- Enjoy being hands on with design strategy, visual interface design, illustration, iconography and design systems – taking problems from concept to implementation quickly and iteratively.
- Appreciate critical feedback – you will give it, receive it and seek it out.
- Obsess over details – UI consistency, pixel fitting, microinteractions and even project plans.
- Be motivated by data – whether it’s analyzing qualitative data to find a spark of insight or creating variations of a design for an A/B test – you balance your instincts with data outcomes
- Value communication, collaboration, organization and thoughtful rationale in design decisions.
- Be an accountable, self-starter with good time-management and a bias for action – able to work through ambiguity, deadline pressures and manage multiple projects at once.
- Be a source of inspiration and guidance for the entire Product Design team on the evolution of visual trends, tools and emerging technologies.
- 3+ years of experience on a design team working on visual interface design and design systems with a track record of successfully shipping products.
- Experience working effectively with cross-functional teams including product management, engineering, qa, marketing, user research and content strategists.
- Solid user-centered design fundamentals with standout visual design skills and the ability to quickly produce high quality deliverables.
- Ability to present design solutions with clear, articulate rationale.
- Proficient with Sketch, Invision, Creative Suite, and knowledgeable about HTML, CSS, modern browser technologies and cross-device design.
- BA/BS/BFA or equivalent industry experience.
- Portfolio showcasing examples of visual design work.
At SurveyMonkey, we offer competitive salaries, medical/dental benefits, PTO, 401k, paid holidays, and equity compensation.
SurveyMonkey is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.