Founded in 1999, SurveyMonkey changed the way people gather feedback by making it easy for anyone to create their own online surveys. Today, SurveyMonkey’s mission is to power curious individuals and organizations to measure, benchmark and act on the opinions that drive success. Our People Powered Data platform enables conversations at scale to deliver impactful customer, employee and market insights. The company’s 700+ employees are dedicated to fueling the curiosity of over 16 million active users globally. For more information about SurveyMonkey, please visit surveymonkey.com.
We’re looking for a sharp, organized number cruncher to join our small, but mighty finance team. From accounting to tax to treasury to planning and budgeting, our group supports all aspects of the business to make sure SurveyMonkey grows and stays healthy. If you’re ready to bring your strategic, quick-thinking finance skills to SurveyMonkey, we want to hear from you.
SurveyMonkey is looking for a Senior Tax Analyst to join its tax team. The Tax Senior Analyst is a key contributor to the Tax Group and will be responsible for managing the indirect sales function of the Tax Department.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with third-party provider on the filing of monthly, quarterly, and annual sales/use tax and unclaimed property returns in multiple state and local jurisdictions, including backfiling returns and VDA’s as necessary.
- Reconciliation of transaction upload reports to revenue reports and to what is reflected in Avalara for period, and reconciliation of sales tax accounts in GL.
- Nexus and taxability determination for our services.
- Responsible for state and local sales/use tax and unclaimed property audits, working closely with auditors and internal personnel.
- Research and analyze changes in various state sales/use tax laws as well as advise management on indirect tax regulations, trends, and risks.
- Use our third-party provider to manage customer exemption certificates for all states.
- Provide guidance to purchasing, AP, Finance, Sales Operations, Customer Operations, and other departments within the Company to reduce future audit assessments related to sales/use taxes.
- Assist with responses to tax inquiries from customers, vendors, and internal departments within the Company.
- Review vendor contracts that may have indirect tax implications.
- Responsible for filing property tax, Washington and Seattle B&O and Ohio CAT tax filings.
Desired Skills and Ability:
- BA/BS Degree in Accountancy.
- CPA and/or MS in Tax strongly preferred.
- 4-6 years of experience with progressive responsibilities.
- Ability to manage and motivate internal and external staff.
- Thorough knowledge and use of Avalara AvaTax and CertCapture.
- Experience with NetSuite a plus.
- Superior judgment and critical thinking skills.
- Ability to work with changing priorities.
- Sense of humor
- You are highly motivated and have strong organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple projects and prioritize work.
- You are a great communicator and a strong collaborator with Accounting, FP&A and other department members.
At SurveyMonkey, we offer competitive salaries, medical/dental benefits, PTO, 401k, paid holidays and parental leave, and equity compensation.
SurveyMonkey is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.